Friday, May 8, 2009

Lebanese Chicken

There is not a picture this time of the entree! The meal is not attractive at all and I didn't want to deter you from cooking it! The dish is super yummy and easy though! Enjoy

Ingredients
8 boneless chicken thighs
½ c chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
2 t finely shredded orange peel (optional)
¾ cup orange juice
¾ cup chicken broth
½ t salt
¼ t ground allspice (optional)
½ t cinnamon
2 T honey
Spelt spaghetti noodle, brown rice noodles, or couscous

Instructions:
Cook chicken in large skillet with onion and garlic in butter over med heat about 6 minutes or until chicken is brown.
Add orange peel (optional), juice, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Sprinkle cinnamon and allspice(optional) onto chicken, drizzle with honey. Simmer uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.

Hints: I serve this over spelt spaghetti noodles or brown rice spaghetti noodles. Couscous would be fine as well.

Help from my blog followers:
I want to have a gauge on each of my recipes telling how easy or difficult the recipe is. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to have three levels and would love to use some funny and creative titles for the gauge. Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment