Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Easy Stir Fry

If you would like to be notified each time I post a new recipe, then please sign up to become a follower!


OK, this is quite possibly the easiest meal I have come up with yet. You cannot mess this one up and it is so very tasty. I know that you will enjoy it as much as my family has.


Easy Stir Fry
Feeds 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 small children

Ingredients:
3 large chicken breasts (diced)
1 red pepper (diced)
1 onion (diced)
2-3 stalks of broccoli
1/2 cup Annie's organic teriyaki stir fry marinade
1/8 cup organic soy sauce
1 t minced garlic
1 t salt
4 T olive oil
1/4 cup water
brown rice
optional veggies: water chestnuts, snow peas, shredded carrots

Lightly grease saute pan with olive oil and turn heat to med/high. Dice chicken, peppers, onions, and broccoli into desired size and add to heated pan. Stir fry until chicken is lightly cooked. Sprinkle with salt and add 1/4 cup water to pan and cook a few more minutes. Add soy sauce and marinade and cook for a few more minutes. Cover and turn heat down to finish cooking until chicken is done. Serve over brown rice

Tip of the week: Have fun cooking
So many people have a bah humbug attitude about cooking. I think that most are several reasons for this thinking. Maybe you can find yourself in one of these excuses!

1. "I don't know how to cook"
2. "Its easier to eat out"
3. "I'm not good at cooking"
4. "It takes too long to cook"
and the list goes on and on and on.

Here are my thoughts to each of these excuses

1. Its not rocket science.
2. Um, taking kids to a restaurant is not my idea of fun!
3. Hum....practice makes perfect
4. Plan ahead and you can make cooking a time efficient adventure for you and your kids

Change your way of thinking about cooking! It can be so much fun. Some of my favorite memories are cooking with my3 1/2 year old. He absoluely loves to help me cook and I have learned to become more patient! Yes, they make a mess but it is a great teaching opportunity. Here is a sweet picture of Cason making pancakes at the lake house last summer.








Too funny! So, have fun cooking with your kids and enjoy this easy recipe this week.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Lori, loving your recipes...quick question though...are some of them missing that you had when you started the blog?? I thought there was another chicken one that I was going to try and I can't find it...maybe I am imagining things..

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find the Annie's teriyaki marinade? I have looked at Kroger and HEB

    ReplyDelete