Friday, July 23, 2010

Yummy Fish Tacos-GF

I love to try new recipes and I really love when I create something that turns out oh so yummy the first time. Its such a bummer to try something and then it taste bad! The other day I tried a new recipe and well, it had way too much Rosemary. It tasted like we were eating a Christmas Tree! No joke. I love a good fish taco so I decided to try to make them but I changed up a few of the traditional ingredients. No frying and no corn tortillas in this recipe! This fish taco turned out beautifully and so tasty. It was a success:) If you love fish tacos, you are going to love this easy and healthful recipe. I believe that this is OK for all you gluten free eaters as well.

Ingredients
For Fish Tacos
1 salmon fillet
Head of romaine lettuce
Red or White Cabbage-cut in thin slivers
2 T olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Tomatoes (optional)-diced
For beans:
1 can black beans
½ t cumin
Salt & pepper to taste
For Creamy Jalapeno Sauce:
Until I find a good recipe, I have found that Eden Cafe in Magnolia TX has a wonderful fish taco sauce. I buy a small side of the sauce for $3.00. I’m sure other restaurants have this as well.

Directions:
1. Place salmon fillet on baking sheet lined with foil ( skin side down).
2. Drizzle olive oil on top of salmon. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bake according to directions on fish package. I generally bake the fish at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of fish. Remove from oven and once it has cooled for a few minutes, remove bones and skin. Flake salmon with a fork.
4. Wash romaine leaves and pat dry.
5. Place lettuce on a plate and then layer with cabbage, fish, tomatoes, and top with creamy jalapeno sauce.
For Beans:
1. Place beans (with juice) in a small pot and turn to medium heat.
2. Add cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until slightly thickened and flavors meld. Serve in a small side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment