Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yummy Black Bean puree over Chicken


Yum, Yum, and more Yum! This is such a yummy recipe and you can use it in many different ways. This is how I cooked it the other night and then I used the left over bean puree for nachos. After one round of left overs I still had some black bean puree left over and so I made the kids a black bean parfait. I know you are thinking "gross!", but the kids loved it and it was fun. The black bean puree looks like chocolate and that is what gave me the idea. I had a few parfait cups and I layered brown rice, black beans, guacamole, and pico (optional). I gave them a few chips and a spoon and within minutes everything was gone!
**this meal is loaded with protein and is full of flavor.
Black Bean Puree Over chicken
Ingredients
2 cans black beans (I use three cans if I want more left overs)
¾ cup chicken broth
½ t salt
1/8 t cayenne pepper (optional)
1 small onion
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 cup cheese
6 chicken breasts grilled or baked and seasoned with salt & pepper.
Avocado-diced
Instructions:
Rinse and drain black beans. Sautee onion, pepper, and garlic in olive oil. In a blender, puree beans and broth together. Add pepper mixture to blender to combine together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Warm over stove top. Pour this over grilled chicken and top with cheese and diced avocado.




No comments:

Post a Comment